US Customs seized package sent with DHL - Page 5 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Subscriber's Area > Subscriber Discussions

Subscriber Discussions The juicy stuff...

Old 07-02-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
They were dvd boxed sets. I never thought my packages would get seized. Have had at least 50 packages sent to the same address, and never had a problem. Just filed a dispute with dhgate. Anyone know how they handle these type of cases? Do they refund the buyer?
Be careful with DHgate, they will try and stall until you can't open a paypal dispute. I would just forget DHgate dispute and head straight to your credit card company or Paypal dispute.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-02-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by acewondersx View Post
Be careful with DHgate, they will try and stall until you can't open a paypal dispute. I would just forget DHgate dispute and head straight to your credit card company or Paypal dispute.
The other thing about DHgate is that you need to provide as letter from customs to file a dispute with them. These letters do not always arrive in a timely fashion.

Best thing to do is work with a supplier you can trust. That way, you can work something out if a package is seized without having to open a dispute.

Also, some sellers are more knowledgable than others and know how to package and send items to avoid any problems. Not a 100% guarantee, you understand, but a good supplier will know how to minimize the risks.
Old 07-08-2010

Longevity: 83%

Just to let everyone know the first order to the UPS box went through fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to a215bz For This Useful Post:
jeffweico (07-08-2010)
Old 07-09-2010

Longevity: 86%

just had 4 packages seized by LA customs.

What is my best bet in getting a new address? is there anyway i can walk into a mail boxes etc or UPS store and get a mailbox without ID ? what do you guys do for 2nd address?
Old 07-09-2010

Longevity: 80%

DHL works in cooperation with U.S. Customs. People often forget that the Senders are often flagged as people/businesses that distribute goods to the U.S. that have once been identified as counterfeit. This information is saved into their database, and packages being sent from a flagged location have a much higher chance of being opened up.

If a seller from China is selling counterfeit DVD's, and has had their packages once seized while in route to a totally different address, there's a good chance future ones will too.

You think they are going to do anything to change their address once the carrier comes to pick up the items? Probably not.
Old 07-09-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%
Send a message via MSN to teedon Send a message via Skype™ to teedon

ebaymafia is right,us custom have the data for both sender side and receiver side,so if the goods have been seized from sender before,so next time when the goods come to us again,and us custom will check it more carefully .
But the people ususally do not know this,and they only care the receiver side address is sezied or not
Old 07-09-2010

Longevity: 84%

I think thats why alot of sellers don't even use a return address or they write it in chinese.
Old 07-12-2010

Guy, I got the letter from US Custom from OH. Two boxes has been seized package sent with DHL. The value is $2111.. Please tell me what to do with letter? Just ignored or what?
Old 07-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 90%

^^^^^^^^^^
I just shredded the 2 I got last week.

Check with your seller.
They will probably want you to scan it in and send them a copy.
Then they should be able to re-ship some if not all of your items.
Old 07-12-2010

hello,
My first order is being delayed in LA through DHL. This is really my first time to get a shipment weight about 21K from overseas.
Friday, July 09, 2010
9 Clearance delay Los Angeles Gateway, CA - USA 04:30

8 Processed for clearance at Los Angeles Gateway - USA Los Angeles Gateway, CA - USA 04:30

7 Arrived at Sort Facility Los Angeles Gateway - USA Los Angeles Gateway, CA - USA 03:33

6 Departed Facility in Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong 03:35

5 Processed at Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong 01:00

What would be the outcome for the most part?
I'm sure I am not on any black list so far. I used a name variation.

Is there any one got through after a few days? How is Los Angeles Customs?

First time with DHL and first time weight 21K, is this just bad luck?
Old 07-12-2010

Longevity: 89%

I posted on here awhile back my neighbor who is a customs agent - well now my old neighbor as i moved...told me they had some new flagging sytem on addresses that was suppose to go into effect this year or beginning of next year that was gonna make things tight as customs was getting alot of heat from companys for letting the items in and the rumor is many of the manufacturers may have aided them in helping revamp the system ..just a rumor but i know many friends at my local flea market have said it has been brutal lately .
Old 07-12-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
hello,
My first order is being delayed in LA through DHL. This is really my first time to get a shipment weight about 21K from overseas.
Friday, July 09, 2010
9 Clearance delay Los Angeles Gateway, CA - USA 04:30

8 Processed for clearance at Los Angeles Gateway - USA Los Angeles Gateway, CA - USA 04:30

7 Arrived at Sort Facility Los Angeles Gateway - USA Los Angeles Gateway, CA - USA 03:33

6 Departed Facility in Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong 03:35

5 Processed at Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong Hong Kong - H K Heliport - Hong Kong 01:00

What would be the outcome for the most part?
I'm sure I am not on any black list so far. I used a name variation.

Is there any one got through after a few days? How is Los Angeles Customs?

First time with DHL and first time weight 21K, is this just bad luck?
Los Angeles is known to be bad. However, your package has not been delayed for that long a time yet. There is a CHANCE that you may still get it.

If not, you will receive a letter from Customs explaining they seized your package, why it was seized, and the procedure for contesting the seizure. Whatever you do IGNORE THE LETTER! Do not respond in any way! Customs will then simply destroy the merchandise.

If this happens, contact your seller and try to work something out. Usually, they are willing to re-ship. If they don't want to work it out, and you bought through DHgate or ALIexpress (and some others) you can fax or pdf a file to them with the letter and get your money back. But PLEASE contact your seller first. Most are honest and will try to work something out with you.

Is it bad luck? I don't know. Some sellers are more knowledgable than others about how to ship items and get them through customs.

It sucks that this is your first shipment, but these things will happen from time to time. Ship to a different address from now on. The address on the package (if it turns out to be seized) will be flagged by customs. So any future packages going to the same address will have a higher chance of being seized also. Better safe than sorry.
Old 07-13-2010

Small packages by ems are still working good for me, I recieved several within the last week.
Old 07-13-2010

jeffwei

thanks for your comfort

hi jubntz,
how small it should be? 20lbs ok? did you get them from different address or the same one? was that a residential or po?

thanks
Old 07-13-2010

Longevity: 82%

In my experience with EMS anything under 50lbs and a box no bigger than the size of a piano chair is good. It would also be in your best interest to get a few business P.O. boxes and have the shipments coming into all of them equally. I'd say no more than 3 shipments per address per week, so about 8-12 shipments per address per month is good. I have never had an EMS shipment get seized using this strategy yet. Knock on wood!

-Albert Einstein
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jamblix For This Useful Post:
MERMAID (03-03-2011), OfficialGenius (07-14-2010)
Old 07-13-2010

Default ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by madman View Post
jeffwei

thanks for your comfort

hi jubntz,
how small it should be? 20lbs ok? did you get them from different address or the same one? was that a residential or po?

thanks
Most of the stuff I get is about the size of a shoebox, they all go to a business mailbox with different names.
Old 07-14-2010

Longevity: 85%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBayMafia View Post
DHL works in cooperation with U.S. Customs. People often forget that the Senders are often flagged as people/businesses that distribute goods to the U.S. that have once been identified as counterfeit. This information is saved into their database, and packages being sent from a flagged location have a much higher chance of being opened up.

If a seller from China is selling counterfeit DVD's, and has had their packages once seized while in route to a totally different address, there's a good chance future ones will too.

You think they are going to do anything to change their address once the carrier comes to pick up the items? Probably not.
I'm finding out the hard way this may be true. This is a really popular seller on DHgate. The first shipment was seized 6/13. OK. Have had seizures before. He then re-shipped it to new name/address the following month as today of 7/13 and it was again seized by Customs at DHL in Los Angles. This is the first time I've had a second shipment seized. I didn't even get first seizure letter for previous shipment until 7/11.

Anyone have experience with having two shipments seized in a row with same seller? I know he will lose a lot of money as have I taken a hit. Now I know for certain this seller has been flagged. Last month was the worst month up to date for me with this month even worse with no sales at all. Will try using EMDS again.
Old 07-14-2010

The only problem with DHL is you can't use a different zipcode plus you risk too much cash on 1 shipment. With EMS my average shipment costs between $100-$200 and I order from about a dozen different sellers, use different names and zipcodes.
Old 07-14-2010

Longevity: 89%

Its doesnt matter what you do and alot of it is just luck ,, they know most of the stuff from China is %$#% ..but they only have so much manpowere that is why they are imputting the new sytem .
Old 07-14-2010

New update about my package though dhl in LA.
Just called and talked to 3 ladies. It is seized for now waiting for proper supporting document from the shipper.
Oh. bad luck!
My first package paid in pursuing my financial freedom dream plan!!!

It was delayed since last Friday. but at least I finally got to know what is going on.

Well, thanks everybody.

LA is not safe!!!

by the way, did anyone finally got their package released and how did the shipper/seller do it? Please PM me. I can even pay for it, it is x00 bucks for me, laid off ex-IT worker.

Please help
Old 07-14-2010

newer update,
DHL just left me a voice mail and ask me to call back saying they need some proof for the authentication of the dvds.
Should I?
Is there a trap or anything? I didnt tell them that package is for me, the name is different:-)

any advice?
Old 07-14-2010

even newer update about package seisure.
I just got a small package from China today.
It survived. I guess the size is the key.
I'm not on a black list yet, haha......