I noticed something with the Adwords Content Network the other day, it’s primarily served up through GMail, and only about 10% of the clicks come through the different content sites. Now this is pretty nifty, as you have the ability to get a lot more clicks to an offer, but whatever clicks you do get won’t be targeted at all. After spending a couple hundred dollars with a test offer and getting a few hundred clicks, I only made 1 sale at $20.
The lesson learned is that the content networkÂ (gmail) can give you a lot of traffic, but if you’re not targeting the general audience then you’re going to lose money it seems. I’m still trying different offers, so I’ll have more to report later.
It’s the last day of the year.. so what did I accomplish in 2009 / what did I learn?
- Still being self-employed, that I very much like!
- Finally finished the update to eBay Stealth! The best version yet. :Â )
- Bought a house, and got rid of a couple vehicles, plus bought another vehicle
- Made some good money in the stock market
- Wrote another eBook (autoblogbook)
- Started two more personal blogs
- Restructured my life goals, and business doesn’t top the list anymore. :Â )
What I learned:
- How to BBQ!
- That the best teacher is experience
- Starbucks drinks have a ton of calories (except tea, I love tea!)
- Plus a lot of other crap I forget :Â )
In 2010 I want to…
- Start a new e commerce website
- Heavily get back into Affiliate Marketing
- Get rid of a couple cars.. :Â ) I can only drive one car at a time.. I don’t know why I have 4 cars in my name .. :p
- Be a little more transparent online .. or go the other way and turn into a ninja, either or
- Get the Mustang running again
Obviously I haven’t really thought about what I’m going to do in 2010. I usually don’t think of New Years as a new beginning. To me every day is the same. Only recently weekends became fun again. It’s the day most of my friends and family aren’t working.
Ah, ending on a sad note. :Â )
The weekdays are when I get work done (huge to-do list); the weekends are usually when I take it easy.
It’s been a great year overall and I just hope it continues. Though one thing I learned a long time ago is that all good things must come to an end. One day there will be a change and the party will end. I learned that diversification is number one, and that relying on just one income stream is a good way to lose it all. Part of being a good internet marketer is to accept that all good things come to an end, and to be prepared for something new. At a minimum one should have 5 streams of online income to survive long term online. This can be compared to multiple eBay accounts for you eBay Suspension members. : )
Welcome to 2010 people!
I love the stock market.. even when it’s down you can be up.
I first started trading stocks only this year and it will probably go down as the best year to invest in our lifetime! If I knew anything about the stock market before I invested, instead of making 100% return on my stocks, I would have made 1000% return or more!
Even today it’s not too late to get in and stay in! That’s the secret of the stock market. Forget those 10% and 20% returns, you want to wait until you get 40% and 50% and even more if you can. If I kept my 7 cents / share SIRI stock at 10,000 shares, I would have a lot of money now. If I kept Ford at $3 a share, BAC at $2.5 a share, etc etc etc I would have made 1000% returns instead of 100% returns.
Still you can’t beat having the stock market help pay for your first house. I even have the government paying me 8k just for buying my house.
Either I was really lucky this year or just had perfect timing.
Two stocks I’m sticking to for at least another year are Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae which are up 20% or so today because of the government removing caps on assistance. The only negative about this is, some say it is only time until the government takes over these two companies, basically wiping common stock out. I don’t think that will happen, it’s a bad image the government doesn’t want, and too much of a problem to take over I think. I still wouldn’t put all my eggs in the FNM and FRE basket.
If you want to start making more money, learn how to invest in the stock market. Really it’s pretty easy to get into, there are ups and downs, I wouldn’t gamble with the mortgage payment, but invest what money you have laying around. You can open a brokerage account with as little as $500 to $1000 and start trading right away. One account I recommend is TD Ameritrade. I have been using them for several months now and I’m extremely happy with them. I can even trade stocks with them on my iPhone.
Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!
Can you guys believe aspkin.com is about six years old! I remember starting the blog as a side project, mostly for working on my HTML skills. I never intended it to be a forum and providing a service to suspended eBay members. It just sort of happened.
I’m glad though that things have worked out the way they did. And wow I’ve come a long way from basic HTML and crappy design to something a little more professional. I’ve learned so much over the years. Internet marketing is really a passion for me and I’m glad I do it.
Well, as I said it’s Christmas and I’m blogging! Hopefully I get to the point where I have actual things to talk about. For some reason it’s just hard for this blog now. I’m sure I’ll get there though.
Merry Christmas everyone!
P.S. WOW! I just read the screenshot above of aspkin.com in 2003.. and I sound like a totally different person. A lot has changed in such a short amount of time. You guys are lucky I actually care about punctuation these days.
My experience with Facebook Ads has been up and down. Either I don’t fully understand them yet, or I’m just missing something. Some days I get really good traffic with FB, and other days I get nothing. I’m only running a couple campaigns right now, so it’s nothing major but I would just like something a little more consistent, like adwords.
As you can see some days I get pretty high amount of clicks and other days nothing. The only changes I made recently were to up my daily spending limit which increased clicks 100%, but then one change to a campaign brings everything back down.
Maybe I should just stick to the big three search engines instead. I find I convert more with Google then any other network anyway.
Right now I do a mix of affiliate marketing and E-commerce work. I started out with e-commerce (selling physical goods), then moved into affiliate marketing (selling someone’s products for commission). There are pros and cons to both of them. The basic idea though is that you’re selling a product one way or another, and that’s how you make money online.
With affiliate marketing you have fly by night products to promote that may or may not pay you. With e-commerce work, you have your own products and as long as the competition doesn’t kill you, you’ll do fine. I know all there is to know about both of them. It’s just deciding on what would be better to go full steam ahead with in the new year.
There are lots of pros and cons..
- More work (a lot more)
- Takes more time
- Sometimes easier to do
- Cost more
- Customer Service Required
- Steep learning curve
- Requires a jack of all trade
- NO customer service needed
- Faster to get started
- Set it and forget it
Both would be okay for me, but I think affiliate marketing would be the wiser decision. It’s just so nice to wake up earning good money while I slept and not having to deal with any customer issues. I mean people in the forum, and eBay Stealth, that’s no problem. What I’m talking about are live chat sessions with customers who just ordered something from you, and want it then and there. That’s something else though I won’t talk about. I think affiliate marketing is the way to go for the short run.
We’ll see how it goes. 🙂
An early Christmas present to myself! Yes, I deserve it. 🙂
I mostly got it to use downstairs because I’m tired of running up and down stairs all day long. This way I can camp out downstairs for a few hours, do whatever and still have access to a computer, then go back up to the big computer whenever I need real work done. I also got it to travel easier, my monster 17inch VAIO isn’t people friendly, and eats batteries like crazy. I’m at Starbucks with the VAIO now. I like it. 🙂
Nice sleek looking VAIO. I was considering a Mac Book Air, but I have too much invested in PC software that it’s hard to switch over now. I find Windows 7 to be pretty nice as well.
Laptop with the Aspkin.com blog. 🙂
My office – I have a 22 inch Samsung monitor with a wireless keyboard and mouse. Everything is connected to my old 17inch VAIO that is in a drawer somewhere. 🙂
My early Christmas present!
It’s back to blogging and I’m going the ShoeMoney route and not caring about punctuation and spelling!
If Firefox can’t fix it for me, then I’m out of luck!
What to blog about?
- I can blog about internet marketing, though I find it may do more harm then good.
- I can talk about eBay, but really I think we get enough of that in the eBay Suspension Forums
- I can talk about my life, that may interest some people.
- I can talk about money, investing… etc
Why don’t I just talk about anything I want?
I may just do that.
It’s settled, aspkin.com is back in the mix with my daily blogs and I’m going to try and post every day or every other day. I will talk about whatever I want, I’ll mix in internet marketing, eBay, my life, my projects, etc… whatever I can think of to keep things going.
Sounds like fun again.
EBay Stealth 3.0 is finally here and I’m happy to say it has been totally rewritten and reorganized for today’s eBay suspensions and PayPal limited accounts! In it I’ll show you the latest tips and techniques to be one step ahead of eBay and PayPal in your online business. Don’t ever let another suspension or limitation get your down, get eBay Stealth and learn step-by-step how to safely create new eBay and PayPal accounts the right way!
A lot of things have changed over the years and if you want to be on the top of your game you’re going to need eBay Stealth 3.0. Learn more at AuctionStealth.com
What You’ll Learn With EBay Stealth:
- Quick Overview! – I’ll give you a quick overview of the process of creating and protecting your stealth eBay and PayPal accounts.
- 7 Steps to Creating Your First eBay Stealth Account! – I’ll walk you through the process of creating your first stealth eBay and PayPal account from beginning to end. Everything from from cookies, IP address, name, address, phone numbers, bank accounts, etc! And how to safely put everything together and start selling from day one!
- You Have a Live Account… Now What? – Learn how to sell safely and protect your account from instant suspensions!
- Four Steps to selling with a Merchant Account! – Want to sell with a merchant account? I’ll show you how to do it.
- Tips on Staying Under the Radar & Getting Fewer Violations – Tired of getting suspended after one or two auctions? I’ll show you how to stop that from happening!
- Setting up an eBay Account in another Country – Want to sell in another country where SSN isn’t an issue? I’ll show you how to do it.
- Feedback FAQ – Learn how to quickly increase your feedback!
- Suspensions / Violations / Limitations + Getting Reinstated – Why does it happen? And how can you fix it?
- Limited PayPal Account: Oh Noes! – I’ll show you how to get past common issues with PayPal limitations including the dreaded SSN requirement!
- â€œWhy I Got Linked / Suspendedâ€ – The reasons why most people have been suspended and how you can learn from their mistakes!
- Suppliers and Wholesalers & How to Find Them – Need supplies? Here is my recommended list.
- Pros and Cons of Becoming an eBay PowerSeller – It’ll happen, and you’ll know what to do after reading this!
- Final Step-by-Step Review – A quick rundown on creating your account and protecting it!
And MUCH more in a 49-page eBook! If you have been on the fence about getting eBay Stealth, now is the time to get the latest and best selling eBay Suspensions guide for three years in a row! We offer a 60-day 100% refund if you are not satisfied and as always upgrades are always free!
If you have eBay Stealth already and would like to upgrade, you can download the latest version here.
What you need to do is copy over your current version of eBay Stealth, and you should be able to open the eBook without any issues. If you need me to reset your activation key, send me an email at email@example.com with your activation key.
If you don’t have an activation key already, you can get one free with TrialPay!
Learn more about eBay Stealth at AuctionStealth.com
Howdy! Yes, I’m a Texan. 🙂
I just wanted to write a quick post on the progress of eBay Stealth 3.0.
Yes, it’s in the works and coming along nicely. The biggest hurdle with it was deciding what I wanted to do with it and how I wanted to structure it. Now that I have that out of the way I can get to the meat of the eBook.
So far 90% of the content I’ve touched has been totally rewritten, reorganized and ready to wow you guys… hopefully!
It still has awhile to go, but I fell its progressing pretty well.
I also wanted to mention upgrading to 3.0 is completely free if you already have a copy of eBay Stealth 2.1 and that I will be notifying everyone on how to update to it once it’s out.
That’s it for now, if you don’t have eBay Stealth already be sure to grab a copy while it’s still at $37! Buying a copy of eBay Stealth also grants you Subscriber Only Access to the eBay Suspension Forum which includes private forums, better support, chatbox, little to no ads and other features.
Get eBay Stealth today and be ready for the upgrade to 3.0!